Curtis B.
Curtis B., Technician
Experience:  have worked on and around most engine models for 35 yrs./Polaris ATV expert
30244710

I have a Craftsman Speed Start Weedwacker 27cc fuel crank gas

Customer Question

I have a Craftsman Speed Start Weedwacker 27cc fuel crank gas trimmer. I bought last year in Wichita Falls,Tx. Since then the store has closed and there are no more Sears stores here. I can start the weedwacker but it ran several seconds at a time at first now it will stay running only a second or two. Is there anything I can do to rectify this problem?
Yvonne
Category: Small Engine
Expert:  Curtis B. replied 11 months ago.
Model number? Does it have fuel primer? Is primer free of air bubbles? Air bubbles indicates a bad fuel line or leak.
Customer: replied 11 months ago.
model number: 316.711.201 serial number 10245DF1351 Yes, and I primed it many times. 15 times the first go and it ran several seconds. I waited a bit when it died and primed it again and it ran several seconds now it is only running a second or two. Where would you see these 'bubbles', in the plastic primer bubble?
Yes, in the primer bubble.
Customer: replied 11 months ago.
There is a small amount of air in the plastic primer bubble.
Customer: replied 11 months ago.
Is there supposed to be a bit of air in that primer bubble?
Customer: replied 11 months ago.
If there is no answer to my problem here please just tell me.
small amount would be normal, but not constant. The primer suckes the fuel through the carburetor from the tank strainer. I see an electric connection at the carburetor. I don't know what that would be! Let me opt out and see if someone else has seen this.
Customer: replied 11 months ago.
This is not what I expected. If you cannot figure this out and tell me what to do I do not need this "help"