Curtis B.
Curtis B., Technician
Experience:  have worked on and around most engine models for 35 yrs./Polaris ATV expert

I have a Honda mower motor and the throttle seems to be just

Customer Question

I have a Honda mower motor and the throttle seems to be just too low, I have to clamp the throttle bar in place and keep turning the choke back up my name is ***** ***** the way
JA: I'll do all I can to help. Tell me a bit more about what's going on so we can help you best.
JA: Is there anything else important you think the Small Engine Technician should know?
Customer: NO, thing runs well, I think that the throttle cable may have slipped
JA: OK. Got it. I'm sending you to a secure page on JustAnswer so you can place the $5 fully-refundable deposit now. While you're filling out that form, I'll tell the Small Engine Technician about your situation and then connect you two.
Category: Small Engine
Expert:  Curtis B. replied 5 months ago.
Cable would be adjusted at the carburetor end of cable, where it clamps to the housing. Loosen the clamp, move the outer housing back and reclamp the housing, move it in small increments!
Customer: replied 5 months ago.
There is no adjustment for the cable. It goes directly to the throttle which goes into the housing. I think it's not that cable that is the problem, because it pulls the throttle all the way it can go. There is an automatic choke that seems to be the problem, I can't leave it partially open long enough for the engine to properly warm up. So when the choke is all the way closed, the engine sputters out
Rpm can be increased by increasing the tension on the throttle spring. You want choke fully open!