Curtis B.
Curtis B., Technician
Experience:  have worked on and around most engine models for 35 yrs./Polaris ATV expert
30244710

Pearl Im John JA: I'll do all I can to help. Tell me

Customer Question

Hello Pearl Im John
JA: I'll do all I can to help. Tell me a bit more about what's going on so we can help you best.
Customer: HR215 mower Carb replaced Honda dealer 2014 16100-ZG9-005
JA: Is there anything else the Small Engine Technician should be aware of?
Customer: I drained gas, cleaned bowl, replaced plug, air/fuel filter
JA: OK. Got it. I'm sending you to a secure page on JustAnswer so you can place the $5 fully-refundable deposit now. While you're filling out that form, I'll tell the Small Engine Technician about your situation and then connect you two.
Category: Small Engine
Expert:  Curtis B. replied 9 months ago.
Engine will not start? Pull the spark plug , ground it to the metal of the engine and see if it has spark when cranking. If ti has spark, put a teaspoon of fuel into the spark plug hole, re-install the spark plug and see if it starts.
Customer: replied 9 months ago.
Tested spark plug to ground it to did have spark not blue or real strong, so I replaced it with a NKG gap 28-30, Compression moderate with finger, no Guage. I replaced air/fuel filter, cleaned the tank,carb bowl. I used Sta-Bil fuel stabilizer, San Tron
Enzyme fuel treatment during the summer before putting it up for the Winter.
Will start cut off with carburetor spray lightly.
fuel is not getting through the carburetor. Fuel is not shutoff? Fuel is getting to the carburetor from the tank? Can you remove the float bowl on the carburetor and check it for water?
Customer: replied 9 months ago.
Been a long day. Going to bed sorry good night.
OK> Will be here tomorrow.
Customer: replied 9 months ago.
shut off open, fresh gas Is getting to bowl, floats moving up and down. Really crappy ethanol gas,And I don't get gas when tanker truck delivering.
The needle valve passage open?
Only thing left is the main jet in the carburetor. assuming the mounting gasket is not leaking air.
Customer: replied 9 months ago.
Does a carburetor have to come off to clean the main jet?'
Or the needle valve ?
No, but it makes it easier to work on. You can drop the bowl, remove the float and needle and use spray carburetor cleaner on all the passages.