Curtis B.
Curtis B., Technician
Experience:  have worked on and around most engine models for 35 yrs./Polaris ATV expert
30244710

I have a cub cadet mower. I was washing off the grass. Afterwards, the PTO switch d

Customer Question

Hi, I have a cub cadet mower. I was washing off the grass. Afterwards, the PTO switch doesn't work and start the mower blades on my gtx 1054 mower. Trying to troubleshoot what happened?
Is it a short, blew a fuse? Seems to be more electrical than mechanical since it's an electric switch and I goofed and sprayed water up in/around there. Glenn
Category: Small Engine
Expert:  Curtis B. replied 11 months ago.
http://www.cubcadetpartsnmore.com/78.html#/Cub_Cadet/GTX1054_Tractor_(2010)%2c_14AK94AK010_(2010)%2c_14WK94AK010_(2010)/Electrical_Schematic/76905945-A/769059450002
There is no fuse other than the ignition fuse a and it is good, or the engine would not crank. The pto circuit is the switch, a pto relay and the electric clutch. With key on, flip onthe pto switch , do you hear the relay click? No click from the relay, problem is likley the switch, It may dry out by tomorrow. If not , replace the switch.
Did you get my response? Find problem?