Curtis B.
Curtis B., Technician
Experience:  have worked on and around most engine models for 35 yrs./Polaris ATV expert
30244710

Rod to disengage transmission on our Cub Cadet LTX 1050 W isn't

Customer Question

Rod to disengage transmission on our Cub Cadet LTX 1050 W isn't working. Read I should turn the manual bypass valve, but can't find where it is on the mower.
Category: Small Engine
Expert:  Curtis B. replied 6 months ago.
What transmission do you have? Hydro gear has external disc brake, just ahead of the right rear wheel. If brake is locked,mower will not roll in freewheel.
Customer: replied 6 months ago.
It's a Kawasaki engine.
What is transmission? Do you see the external disc brake?
Customer: replied 6 months ago.
I just want to know what and where to look for the valve. I looked under in front of the rear tire...nothing. Everything underneath is encased. I lowered the deck all of the way to reach into the parts under the seat and couldn't find anything there to turn. Thank you for your help. I'm over it...I will just have to call the Cub Cadet dealer who just serviced the mower to come and show me where it is in person.
There is no valve other than the lever the freewheel rod moves. There is two different transmissions shown for the unit, one has the external brake, the other has internal brake!