Vince O.
Vince O., Small Engine Technician
Experience:  Over 30 years experience repairing lawn and garden equipment. Chainsaws, mowers,blowers and trimmers
32407143

I need the complete instructions on how to replace main drive

Customer Question

I need the complete instructions on how to replace main drive belt on John Deere LX172 riding mower
JA: I'll do all I can to help. Tell me a bit more about what's going on so we can help you best.
Customer: The main drive belt needs to be replaced.
JA: Is there anything else important you think the Small Engine Technician should know?
Customer: no
JA: OK. Got it. I'm sending you to a secure page on JustAnswer so you can place the $5 fully-refundable deposit now. While you're filling out that form, I'll tell the Small Engine Technician about your situation and then connect you two.
Category: Small Engine
Expert:  Vince O. replied 6 months ago.
Hello, this is right out of the Shop manual.
Customer: replied 6 months ago.
Thanks...Looks like I need to replace the V-idler wheel. As the belt began to shred, it popped over this wheel and caused it to start to melt!. Will order the part on Monday. If I need further assistance, I'll be sure to contact you.Thanks again
Expert:  Vince O. replied 6 months ago.
You're welcome
Expert:  Vince O. replied 6 months ago.
Please rate us if satisfied.