Wayne, Engine Rebuilder
Experience:  many years on egine rebuilding, lawn mower,roto tiller,Truck,and small engines
6825259

In having trouble with the clutch/ Pro on my cub cadet ltx

Customer Question

In having trouble with the clutch/ Pro on my cub cadet ltx 1050 riding mower. What caused the pto to stop working was a root that became lodged between the mower deck and one of the mower blades. I noticed a small amount of smoke but have no clue where it came from. After I removed the root that was lodged under the mower the PTO engaged and ran for a very short time untill it quit. Now when I engage the pto all I hear is the cylanoid engage but the pto does nothing. I have checked the battery voltage and the pto switch both of which were operating properly. Could The blades being lodged have burnt up the clutch/ pto? Is there anyway to test and see it it indeed fried? Thanks!
JA: OK. To minimize me, please click the down arrow at the top right corner of this box. I'll do all I can to help. OK. To minimize me, please click the down arrow at the top right corner of this box. Is there anything else the Small Engine Technician should be aware of?
JA: OK. Got it. I'm sending you to a secure page on JustAnswer so you can place the $5 fully-refundable deposit now. While you're filling out that form, I'll tell the Small Engine Technician about your situation and then connect you two.
Category: Small Engine
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I apologize for the horrible spelling. I am sending this from my phone and autocorrect is killing me.. Thanks!
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
(Posted by JustAnswer at customer's request) Hello. I would like to request the following Expert Service(s) from you: Live Phone Call. Let me know if you need more information, or send me the service offer(s) so we can proceed.
Expert:  Wayne replied 1 year ago.
Hi I'm Wayne I will help you with this yes it sounds like the PTO burned up attach battery power to the wire and ground wire to PTO clutch you should hear it click in and out if not Replace clutch I hope this helped you Hi If this helped you Please remember to rate my answer 3 or more starsIf more info is needed, use the reply buttonNOT THE POOR/BAD SERVICE
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
It does click in and out but it does not continue to run/ the mower blades do not spin.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Could the issue be something besides the pto?
Expert:  Wayne replied 1 year ago.
Thank you for that is the belt ok, the smoke may been the belt burning
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
As far as I can tell both belts are fine.
Expert:  Wayne replied 1 year ago.
OK THen with power again to the PTO clutch leave it kicked in, and see if you can turn the PTO clutch with your hand
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Yes I can turn it
Expert:  Wayne replied 1 year ago.
HI if you can turn it still on the machine then it is no good, only turn when the offI suggest to replace it I hope this helped you Hi If this helped you Please remember to rate my answer 3 or more starsIf more info is needed, use the reply buttonNOT THE POOR/BAD SERVICE