Curtis B.
Curtis B., Technician
Experience:  have worked on and around most engine models for 35 yrs./Polaris ATV expert

JA: . What seems to be the problem? Customer: I am

Customer Question

JA: Hi. What seems to be the problem?
Customer: I am trying to use my mower for the first time this season and it won't start. Fresh gas and oil.
JA: I'll do all I can to help. Tell me a bit more about what's going on so we can help you best.
Customer: When I prime it, hold the lever down and pull the starter it turns over but won't start
JA: Is there anything else important you think the Small Engine Technician should know?
Customer: Not that I am aware of. It worked fine last fall
JA: OK. Got it. I'm sending you to a secure page on JustAnswer so you can place the $5 fully-refundable deposit now. While you're filling out that form, I'll tell the Small Engine Technician about your situation and then connect you two.
Category: Small Engine
Expert:  Curtis B. replied 5 months ago.
Can you remove the spark plug and ground into the metal of the engine, and turn engine and watch for spark. If it has spark, put a teaspoon of fuel into the spark pug hole, re-install the spark plug and see if it will start.
Customer: replied 5 months ago.
Before I do that, could the problem be that it is last season's gas?
I can be, but you would need to drain the carburetor to get new fuel to the engine.
Customer: replied 5 months ago.
Should I try the spark plug thing first?
I would, but that is your choice to make!
Customer: replied 5 months ago.
Ok! Where is the spark plug located?
Follow the heavy spark plug cable on the back of the engine, direct to it. Remove the wire, and there will be the spark plug. screwed into the cylinder head.
Did you get my last response? Please rate to close.