Wayne, Engine Rebuilder
Experience:  many years on egine rebuilding, lawn mower,roto tiller,Truck,and small engines
6825259

John deere 105, first time starting after winter. It make sound

Customer Question

John deere 105, first time starting after winter. It make sound but engine does not start
JA: I'll do all I can to help. Tell me a bit more about what's going on so we can help you best.
Customer: Make sound like some thing rotating
JA: Is there anything else the Small Engine Technician should be aware of?
Customer: It was running fine before
JA: OK. Got it. I'm sending you to a secure page on JustAnswer so you can place the $5 fully-refundable deposit now. While you're filling out that form, I'll tell the Small Engine Technician about your situation and then connect you two.
Category: Small Engine
Expert:  Wayne replied 1 year ago.
Hi I'm Wayne I will help you with this so you are saying it cranks over but will not start ,is this correctlet me know
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Yes
Expert:  Wayne replied 1 year ago.
Thank you for that remove the spark plug and pour a teaspoon gas in the plug holeit should start and run a few seconds , let me know
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I am going to try it right now
Expert:  Wayne replied 1 year ago.
OK
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
It is not the engine that is cranking, some kind of other sound when I try to start
Expert:  Wayne replied 1 year ago.
OH, Does it sound like a high pitch whine sound
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
some thing like that
Expert:  Wayne replied 1 year ago.
Thank you for that that is your starter , the gear is rusted to the shaft need to remove the starter and oil the shaft and move the gear back and forth until free up you will see a spring on it that push the gear back I hope this helped you Hi If this helped you Please remember to rate my answer 3 or more starsIf more info is needed, use the reply buttonNOT THE POOR/BAD SERVICE