Curtis B.
Curtis B., Technician
Experience:  have worked on and around most engine models for 35 yrs./Polaris ATV expert
30244710

I have a guardian quietpact 40g. It will not start. My gas

Customer Question

I have a guardian quietpact 40g. It will not start. My gas tank is full, I've tried priming and now the starter will not engage.
Category: Small Engine
Customer: replied 6 months ago.
Posted by JustAnswer at customer's request) Hello. I would like to request the following Expert Service(s) from you: Live Phone Call. Let me know if you need more information, or send me the service offer(s) so we can proceed.
Expert:  Curtis B. replied 6 months ago.
Charge the battery, remove the spark plug/plugs and check for spark, if ti has spark at the plugs, then put a teaspoon of fuel direct into the spark plug holes, , re-install the plugs and see if it will start for a few seconds. If it does, the carburetor is not letting fuel through.
Customer: replied 6 months ago.
Where is the battery on the generator?
http://www.manualslib.com/manual/60425/Generac-Power-Systems-004700-0.html?page=33#manual
battery shows to e external to the generator. ?? Battery connections on the generator to attatch.
Did you find problem? Please rate to close/
Customer: replied 6 months ago.
Mostly. The problem is that it was 27 degrees outside on Saturday morning and it turns out that my generator in not a cold blooded machine. Once the air temp reached 40 at about 8am it started just fine.
Any chance you have a solution for that one? I bought the generator as part of a food truck purchase in Missouri it is now in Minnesota and it gets a lot colder here.
think about adding an engine heater or enclosing it in a shelter!
Customer: replied 6 months ago.
It is in a shelter on the truck. It is an external shelter, but it is enclosed. Would insulating the area potentially work?
Customer: replied 6 months ago.
No phone call that was a mistake.
any insulation that would keep it warmer would help it start when cold.
Please rate to close the question! Thanks.