Donald
Donald, Small Engine Technician
Experience:  I have 25+ years of experience repairing 2 & 4 cycle engines
72377906

I have an fh721v with no rpm increase or decrease when moving

Customer Question

i have an fh721v with no rpm increase or decrease when moving the throttle. all linkages are correct no binding but i am able to control rpm by adjusting the idle adjustment
JA: I'll do all I can to help. Tell me a bit more about what's going on so we can help you best.
Customer: i have an fh721v with no rpm increase or decrease when moving the throttle. all linkages are correct no binding but i am able to control rpm by adjusting the idle adjustment
JA: Is there anything else the Small Engine Technician should be aware of?
Customer: not that i know of
JA: OK. Got it. I'm sending you to a secure page on JustAnswer so you can place the $5 fully-refundable deposit now. While you're filling out that form, I'll tell the Small Engine Technician about your situation and then connect you two.
Category: Small Engine
Customer: replied 11 months ago.
(Posted by JustAnswer at customer's request) Hello. I would like to request the following Expert Service(s) from you: Live Phone Call. Let me know if you need more information, or send me the service offer(s) so we can proceed.
Expert:  Donald replied 11 months ago.
Hello. Thank you for choosing Just answer. My name is***** will be happy to assist you. Check to see if your throttle cable is actually moving the throttle shaft on your carburetor, when you raise and lower your throttle lever.
Expert:  Donald replied 11 months ago.
If your rpms are changing, as you adjust your idle adjustment screw in and out, this indicates that our problem could be caused by your throttle cable either slipping, or needing to be adjusted.
Expert:  Donald replied 11 months ago.
You and I can continue from here. Thanks!