Wayne, Engine Rebuilder
Experience:  many years on egine rebuilding, lawn mower,roto tiller,Truck,and small engines
6825259

I CHANGED OIL ON MY TORO 6.5 BRIGGS AND STRATON ENGINE. ENGINE

Customer Question

I CHANGED OIL ON MY TORO 6.5 BRIGGS AND STRATON ENGINE. ENGINE OIL IS FINE BUT I USED IT AND STPPED FOR A BIT AND NOW I CAN NOT PULL THE CORD LIKE IT WAS SIEZED. I TIPPED IT UP AND HIT IT WITHA SMALL RUBBER MALLET AND ITS NOW LOOSE. I STARTED IT AND IT RAN FINE NO KNOCKING OR TICKING OR SMOKING. MY SON THEN USED IT THE NEXT WEEK AND THE SAME THING HAPPENED. WHAT IS WRONG AND WHAT DO I DO ABOUT IT?
Category: Small Engine
Expert:  Wayne replied 6 months ago.
Hi I'm Wayne I will help you with thiswhat your describing is the compression release is failing it is mounted on the cam shaft , this is common know issue what is going to happen it will break off, and you will not be able to start the engine, it will lock up , but if you remove spark plug you can turn it over that is what happens when it breaks I hope this helped you Hi If this helped you Please remember to rate my answer 3 or more starsIf more info is needed, use the reply buttonNOT THE POOR/BAD SERVICE