Curtis B.
Curtis B., Technician
Experience:  have worked on and around most engine models for 35 yrs./Polaris ATV expert
30244710

I Pearl. I have a TroyBilt self propelled mower I have owned

Customer Question

I Pearl. I have a TroyBilt self propelled mower I have owned for several years. The cable that goes into the hand lever has been loose for a few years so i recently decided to put it back in place. I took off the cover, tightened the nut on the end and re-installed. Now the wheels won't turn when the lever is engaged. The cable feels tight and is moving near the front of the mower. Any ideas? It was barely propelling before I "fixed" it.
JA: I'll do all I can to help. Is there anything else important you think the Small Engine Technician should know?
Customer: Not that I can think of.
JA: OK. Got it. I'm sending you to a secure page on JustAnswer so you can place the $5 fully-refundable deposit now. While you're filling out that form, I'll tell the Small Engine Technician about your situation and then connect you two.
Category: Small Engine
Expert:  Curtis B. replied 1 year ago.
Cable has to move the lever onthe front transmission gear box. Can you see the lever, or you will need to remove the top cover to see it. What is the mower model number? Cable adjustment should be shown in the owners manual,