Wayne, Engine Rebuilder
Experience:  many years on egine rebuilding, lawn mower,roto tiller,Truck,and small engines

I have a JD Z425 mower with a /S 44L777 V-Twin engine. Engine

Customer Question

I have a JD Z425 mower with a B/S 44L777 V-Twin engine. Engine will start but has no power. Engage PTO, engines dies down to low RPM. Engine backfires through carb and blueish smoke from exhaust. Flywheel key-good, removed corrosion from flywheel and coils, set, One plug has high carbon build up (short run time), the other smells of fuel, but clean.
JA: I'll do all I can to help. Is there anything else important you think the Small Engine Technician should know?
Customer: Not at this time.
JA: OK. Got it. I'm sending you to a secure page on JustAnswer so you can place the $5 fully-refundable deposit now. While you're filling out that form, I'll tell the Small Engine Technician about your situation and then connect you two.
Category: Small Engine
Expert:  Wayne replied 5 months ago.
Hi I'm Wayne I will help you with this what you are describing is a very common issue on this engine , remove the valve covers and adjust the valves also look to see if a push rod is off or bent valve clearance is .004-.005, booth valves engine cold I hope this helped you Hi If this helped you Please remember to rate my answer 3 or more starsIf more info is needed, use the reply buttonNOT THE POOR/BAD SERVICE