Curtis B.
Curtis B., Technician
Experience:  have worked on and around most engine models for 35 yrs./Polaris ATV expert
30244710

I have a John Deere Spin Steer with a Kohler 15 hp engine model

Customer Question

I have a John Deere Spin Steer with a Kohler 15 hp engine model CV15S. When the ambient air temp above 80 degrees the engine will operate for about 30 minutes and then engine bogs down as if it were under too much load even when the drive and mower deck are disengaged. Sometimes I can wait thirty minutes and it starts and runs for another 30 minutes and sometimes it will not run until the next day.
I took it to the John Deere last year and they were not able to correct the problem. I am using REC Gas (no alcohol) the fuel filter and air filter are new and clean.
What can I do to get it fixed?
Category: Small Engine
Expert:  JohnF2015 replied 7 months ago.
Hi, my name is***** will be assisting you.It sounds like you may have a fuel tank vent issue. I would try to run the machine with the fuel cap loose or off and see if that helps your issue. If the machine runs properly then you will want to replace the fuel cap as it has a vent built into it.