Donald, Small Engine Technician
Experience:  I have 25+ years of experience repairing 2 & 4 cycle engines

My Governor went out so I replace the governor installed a

Customer Question

My Governor went out so I replace the governor installed a new carburetor and she fired up just fine. She ran for about an hour and died I had to let her sit for about 10 minutes and then the same thing happened I did this a third time and it did it again now it turns over but I have no spark. I have replace the spark plug I have replaced the ignition module and still no spark
Category: Small Engine
Expert:  Donald replied 5 months ago.
Hello. Thank you for choosing Just Answer. My name is***** will be happy to assist you. What brand is your engine?
Expert:  Donald replied 5 months ago.
Remove the small black kill wire from your ignition module, then check for spark again. Let's see if you get a spark with your kill wire unplugged.
Expert:  Donald replied 5 months ago.
You and I can continue from here. Thanks!
Customer: replied 5 months ago.
Still no spark. Last 2 things to replace would be the stator n regulator, could those cause the problem?
Customer: replied 5 months ago.
Compression is about 38
Expert:  Donald replied 5 months ago.
Sorry for the delay. Your stator and regulator will not prevent your ignition from producing a spark. Without your kill wire connected, there is only two things that will prevent spark to your spark plug.Weak magnets on your flywheel.Faulty ignition module.If your flywheel magnets are good and strong, then your ignition module is bad, although it it new.
Expert:  Donald replied 5 months ago.
what method are you using to check for spark?