Curtis B.
Curtis B., Technician
Experience:  have worked on and around most engine models for 35 yrs./Polaris ATV expert
30244710

I just acquired a Kubota W5019 walk-behind mower with a blade

Customer Question

I just acquired a Kubota W5019 walk-behind mower with a blade brake/clutch that no longer works. Is there a way to eliminate this feature and have the blade spin all the time like most other push mowers? The repair of the clutch is cost prohibitive and I would like to get this mower back in service. Thanks!
Category: Small Engine
Expert:  Curtis B. replied 6 months ago.
Never tried it, but why can't the clutch parts be drilled and bolted together, to lock them in place? Two or maybe three bolts, with self locking nuts, to keep them in place, and you may have to add spacers on each bolt to take the place of the springs.
Customer: replied 6 months ago.
What I am looking for is not a guess at how to accomplish this but step by step directions on how to complete the task. Have you actually disassembled this part or looked at the exploded parts schematic to give me some idea what part numbers I would bolt together? How would I go about balancing the clutch after bolting it together so i don't ruin the engine? There are numerous questions that can probably only be answered by someone who has already successfully done this or a Kubota.guru.
I told you straight up, I never tried it! I will opt out. good luck with it!