Curtis B.
Curtis B., Technician
Experience:  have worked on and around most engine models for 35 yrs./Polaris ATV expert
30244710

New drive belt ON LTX 1040 but loose right belt thread up right

Customer Question

New drive belt ON LTX 1040 but loose right belt thread up right how do you tighten it
JA: I'll do all I can to help. Tell me a bit more about what's going on so we can help you best.
Customer: Checked numbers in manual and on the mower same number on belt same threaded up right why loose
JA: Is there anything else the Small Engine Technician should be aware of?
Customer: Photo of thread up same as manual and same as on belt holder that held the belt
JA: OK. Got it. I'm sending you to a secure page on JustAnswer so you can place the $5 fully-refundable deposit now. While you're filling out that form, I'll tell the Small Engine Technician about your situation and then connect you two.
Category: Small Engine
Expert:  Curtis B. replied 8 months ago.
https://www.partstree.com/parts/cub-cadet/mowers-lawn-garden-tractor/ltx1040-13wx90as010-13wx90as056-13wx90as009-13ax90as210-13wx90as210-cub-cadet-lawn-tractor-2012/drive-system/
Shows two belts, which one was changed, and which one is loose? #27 in the link is the tension spring to keep belt tight. Do you have belt routed through the idler pulleys right?
Did you get my reply?