Curtis B.
Curtis B., Technician
Experience:  have worked on and around most engine models for 35 yrs./Polaris ATV expert
30244710

I have a Kohler 25 hp twin on a John Deere m665 ztrack mower,

Customer Question

I have a Kohler 25 hp twin on a John Deere m665 ztrack mower, and have had to replace oil cooler lines twice in 600 hrs. Should I be buying a better hose rated for hot oil, I think the Deere dealer is just selling me fuel line hose?
Category: Small Engine
Expert:  cameronsmallengines replied 6 months ago.
Hello,The oil cooler lines you are referring to are the engine oil cooler lines, correct? The hydraulic system has an oil cooler as well as an option on your model. The engine oil cooler lines on the Deere parts list are specified as bulk hose and would be sold by the foot much like bulk fuel line. If you suspect what you are getting is fuel line, you can ask them for the Deere part number for the oil cooler line and see if it lasts any longer for you. Part number TY22552. Another option is to pursue the oil cooler lines through Kohler. With the Kohler engine model and spec number, I can look it up for you. You'll find the Kohler engine model and spec number on a sticker on the shroud that covers up the flywheel and ignition coils. All that being said, if you have to replace oil cooler lines every third oil change, that's not too bad if you consider the considerably higher temps that air cooled engines run at.Thanks,Kyle