Donald
Donald, Small Engine Technician
Experience:  I have 25+ years of experience repairing 2 & 4 cycle engines
72377906

My LTX 1040 Cub Cadet has a propulsion problem.If I am on

Customer Question

My LTX 1040 Cub Cadet has a propulsion problem.
If I am on a flat level turf it works pretty much okay. If I am going up hill and do not let up, it will come to a complete stop. I have to let up on the pedal and then baby it to get up even a slight inlcine.
I took it to two shops to have it worked on. The last one put a new drive belt on (the shorter one), and tightened the pedal cable.
It actually got worse. When the mechanic did a test drive, it seemed fine. But when I got home and had it on an incline it was worse than before.
When I am on an incline, and it levels out it will accelerate okay.
Please let me know if you have any advice. Thank you! Dave(###) ###-####
Category: Small Engine
Expert:  Donald replied 6 months ago.
Hello. Thank you for choosing Just Answer. My name is***** will be happy to assist you. I feel that you still have a problem with your long belt slipping. It is always best to replace both belts at the same time. Your mower is almost six years old. It is also likely that your engine pulley is also worn, allowing your long belt to go into the V too deep.
Expert:  Donald replied 6 months ago.
Keep in mind, that as your pulleys wear internally, this causes your belts to loosen, due to smaller diameters resulting from wear. You and I can continue from here. Thanks!