Hank F.
Hank F., Technician
Experience:  Certified on Onan and Generac generators

I have a 2010 Generac Guardian 20kw. I changed the battery

Customer Question

I have a 2010 Generac Guardian 20kw. I changed the battery today, after placing the switch to off and removing the 7.5 fuse. Upon reconnecting, the menu is fixed at the start with "Language" and will not respond to any button selections. What may be the issue?
Category: Small Engine
Expert:  Hank F. replied 5 months ago.
Sometimes if an electrical connection is not made quick and clean enough, it can lock up the controller.Set the switch to OFF. Pull the fuse again. Disconnect the negative battery cable.Wait 5 minutes.Reconnect the battery cable, making sure to get a good clean connection quickly. Don't let it make/break as you are putting the cable on.Reinstall the fuse the same way - quickly and cleanly. Don't let the connection make/break.If this does not reset the controller, your controller is bad.
Expert:  Hank F. replied 5 months ago.
Was this what you wanted to know?