Vince O.
Vince O., Small Engine Technician
Experience:  Over 30 years experience repairing lawn and garden equipment. Chainsaws, mowers,blowers and trimmers
32407143

I have a Snapper rear engine rider model 3312x6s that when

Customer Question

I have a Snapper rear engine rider model 3312x6s that when started the blade is always spinning....but when blade is engaged (lever forward and locked in) the blade still just barely spins.....I used to have a little newer model and never had this problem.....The belt is routed correctly but when pulley moves over it sometimes jumps the belt.
Category: Small Engine
Expert:  Vince O. replied 7 months ago.
Hello, remove the belt so you can check the idler pulley and deck spindle for play caused by a bad bearing. Also, is the belt guide on the idler positioned correctly? It should be a 90 degree angle and if bent away would allow belt to jump off. The tube pat of frame is also adjustable to tighten the blade belt. I have a manual that may help.