Curtis B.
Curtis B., Technician
Experience:  have worked on and around most engine models for 35 yrs./Polaris ATV expert

Re[placed upper transmission belt on an mtd yard machine

Customer Question

re[placed upper transmission belt on an mtd yard machine ( model # ***** now it will not change speeds ( 6 speed machine ). what can i do to correct this problem ????
JA: I'll do all I can to help. Tell me a bit more about what's going on so we can help you best.
Customer: replaced upper transmission belt . now it will not change speeds ( 6 speeds )
JA: Is there anything else the Small Engine Technician should be aware of?
Customer: no
JA: OK. Got it. I'm sending you to a secure page on JustAnswer so you can place the $5 fully-refundable deposit now. While you're filling out that form, I'll tell the Small Engine Technician about your situation and then connect you two.
Category: Small Engine
Expert:  Curtis B. replied 5 months ago.
MTD 954-05040 (replaces(###) ###-####) Is belt the correct one? Did you oil the varible pulley for the drive belt. It is what has to move to make the speed change.
did you find my reply?