Curtis B.
Curtis B., Technician
Experience:  have worked on and around most engine models for 35 yrs./Polaris ATV expert
30244710

I have a TroyBilt Super Bronco Lawn tractor. I have replaced

Customer Question

I have a TroyBilt Super Bronco Lawn tractor. I have replaced the battery and the mower starts OK most of the time; however I sometimes try to start it and nothing happens. The other day I pushed it out of the barn after it failed to turn over, let it sit for a few minutes and then it started right up. It does this fairly regularly. Since the battery is new and I keep it on a trickle charge when not in use, could this be the solenoid switch or do I need to replace the starter, or could it possible be that I need to check the grounding to the frame? Thanks
Category: Small Engine
Expert:  Donald replied 11 months ago.
Hello Web. Thank you for choosing Just Answer. My name is***** will be happy to assist you. Do you have a 12 volt test light, or a multimeter?
Expert:  Briggs-Fan replied 11 months ago.
Hi my name is ***** ***** welcome to Just Answer. How are you today? . This could be quite a few things . Does it click when it doesn't start ? It could be a ignition switch issue . When you turn the key to make the lights come on does it every time ? . Also to make sure one of the safety switches aren't a issue does locking the e brake make and difference