Curtis B.
Curtis B., Technician
Experience:  have worked on and around most engine models for 35 yrs./Polaris ATV expert
30244710

I Have a Husqvarna rz 5426 with a kohler courage 26 hp motor.

Customer Question

I Have a Husqvarna rz 5426 with a kohler courage 26 hp motor. i got stuck. got out then fuse blew. replaced 4 times. smoke was coming from under motor cover.i took it off. connector burned off of coil on right bank.
JA: I'll do all I can to help. Is there anything else the Small Engine Technician should be aware of?
Customer: no
JA: OK. Got it. I'm sending you to a secure page on JustAnswer so you can place the $5 fully-refundable deposit now. While you're filling out that form, I'll tell the Small Engine Technician about your situation and then connect you two.
Category: Small Engine
Expert:  JohnF2015 replied 1 year ago.
Hi, my name is***** will be assisting you.It sounds like you have a voltage feed going to the ignition coils that should not be there. That is the only reason that you would have a burnt wire going to the coil. Is the coil(s) still okay? Normally if you feed voltage to them it will burn them out and they will no longer work. This is most likely the reason that you were blowing fuses as well. There is something in the system that is feeding 12 volts to the ignition coils when it shouldn't be, the first place I would look would be the ignition switch. It is weird however that everything was working fine up until you got stuck and then this starts happening.