Wayne, Engine Rebuilder
Experience:  many years on egine rebuilding, lawn mower,roto tiller,Truck,and small engines
6825259

My battery will goes dead after 5-6 usages. may yard is about

Customer Question

My battery will goes dead after 5-6 usages. may yard is about a 1/2 acre. if i charge the battery it takes the charge just fine, but after 5-6 starts (runs for about an hour each time) it wont turn over.
JA: I'll do all I can to help. Is there anything else the Small Engine Technician should be aware of?
Customer: This mower was purchased a year ago as refurbished, with 3 hours on it, from Home Depot. I'm not sure that it ever kept the battery charged.
JA: OK. Got it. I'm sending you to a secure page on JustAnswer so you can place the $5 fully-refundable deposit now. While you're filling out that form, I'll tell the Small Engine Technician about your situation and then connect you two.
Category: Small Engine
Expert:  Wayne replied 7 months ago.
Hi I'm Wayne I will help you with this what you are describing is is a faulty stator or regulator , it is not charging the battery I suggest to get back to them for Warranty,if any left I hope this helped you Hi If this helped you Please remember to rate my answer 3 or more starsIf more info is needed, use the reply buttonNOT THE POOR/BAD SERVICE
Customer: replied 7 months ago.
How do I know which is faulty and how do I get to the stator which I assume is under they flywheel?
Expert:  Wayne replied 7 months ago.
Hi Thank you for that yes under the fly wheel, need a puller to remove the flywheelto check which one use a OHM meter on the wires of each onemake sure they have continuity, if no that is the faulty oneI hope this helped you Hi If this helped you Please remember to rate my answer 3 or more starsIf more info is needed, use the reply buttonNOT THE POOR/BAD SERVICE
Expert:  Wayne replied 7 months ago.
Hi Just following up with you did my answer help you let me know, Please Wayne