Curtis B.
Curtis B., Technician
Experience:  have worked on and around most engine models for 35 yrs./Polaris ATV expert
30244710

My 60m tank, will not go forward or backwards on one side.

Customer Question

Category: Small Engine
Expert:  JohnF2015 replied 7 months ago.
Hi, my name is***** will be assisting you.From what I can tell it looks like this machine only has one belt that runs both hydro pumps on the machine therefore it can't be a belt issue.It has to be a hydro pump issue causing the problem. Are you certain that the bypass valve is not released or disengaged, if it is the pump will not function correctly.The only other thing that you can do in order to diagnosis the issue is to do a flow test on the pump to eliminate either the pump or the wheel motor as the issue. In order to do this you would need a flow gauge that cost around $400 and is not usually practical for an individual to purchase for a possible one time use. I would check with some of the repair shops in your area to see if they may have one that you could use or if they are willing to test your machine and what they would charge to do so. It takes around an hour to do the test properly and is most definitely worth doing otherwise you could replace the pump and the wheel motor be the actual problem.