Curtis B.
Curtis B., Technician
Experience:  have worked on and around most engine models for 35 yrs./Polaris ATV expert

Just got this g1 cart just wanted to make sure it would pop

Customer Question

Just got this g1 cart just wanted to make sure it would pop off run a second so I got spark mixed fuel got compression old battery on the charger mounted in the cart so here we go turns over fine got spark and gas that I put a little in dumping it in the should at least sound like it wants to pop/run just started on this and very little oil in the crank case I'm assuming feeds the block? And I think the battery is junk but turns over while on the charger is there little things like that that will prevent it from running.I just started going through it but wanted to make sure it at least wanted to run.
JA: I'll do all I can to help. Is there anything else important you think the Small Engine Technician should know?
Customer: The carb needs to be rebuilt but by adding the gas myself hopefully not to little not to much other motors I have worked on would at least start for a second or two .
JA: OK. Got it. I'm sending you to a secure page on JustAnswer so you can place the $5 fully-refundable deposit now. While you're filling out that form, I'll tell the Small Engine Technician about your situation and then connect you two.
Category: Small Engine
Expert:  Curtis B. replied 5 months ago.
Check for compression, has to be above 80 psi. The engine is a two cycle, so the oil for crankshaft and block , is the oil in the fuel, Use 40 to 1 for test ,But cart runs with much less, like 100-1. oil t gas ratio.