Curtis B.
Curtis B., Technician
Experience:  have worked on and around most engine models for 35 yrs./Polaris ATV expert

I just purchased a used john deere L100 tractor with 17hp &S

Customer Question

I just purchased a used john deere L100 tractor with 17hp B&S engine and it seems to run fine except it wants to constantly run full throttle. I can manually move the throttle on the carb and it does idle, however as soon as I let go it persists in running high speed? Air and fuel filter replaced as well as new NGK plug.
JA: I'll do all I can to help. Is there anything else the Small Engine Technician should be aware of?
Customer: From diagrams I have seen there does not seem to be missing parts but not sure
JA: OK. Got it. I'm sending you to a secure page on JustAnswer so you can place the $5 fully-refundable deposit now. While you're filling out that form, I'll tell the Small Engine Technician about your situation and then connect you two.
Category: Small Engine
Expert:  Curtis B. replied 5 months ago.
Is there any feel from the governor if you run throttle manually at the carburetor? Is linkage on correct? Here is site showing the linkage.
If no push/pull from the governor lever, check to be sure linkage is tight on the governor shaft, and if it is, the inner governor may be broken!