Curtis B.
Curtis B., Technician
Experience:  have worked on and around most engine models for 35 yrs./Polaris ATV expert
30244710

Pearl JA: I'll do all I can to help. Tell me a bit more

Customer Question

Hi Pearl
JA: I'll do all I can to help. Tell me a bit more about what's going on so we can help you best.
Customer: I have an MTD tractor with a Briggs and Stratton 42E707-2631E1 engine. Unfortunately mice got in my shed and nested in the engine cover. I found out when I was running the mower and it all of a sudden stalled. I cleaned it out and then the engine sputtered with the air filter installed. I replaced it and it still sputters when installed but runs fine without the filter. Any advice?
JA: Is there anything else the Small Engine Technician should be aware of?
Customer: Yes. They chewed through the fuel line and I replaced it.
JA: OK. Got it. I'm sending you to a secure page on JustAnswer so you can place the $5 fully-refundable deposit now. While you're filling out that form, I'll tell the Small Engine Technician about your situation and then connect you two.
Category: Small Engine
Expert:  Briggs-Fan replied 7 months ago.
Hi my name is ***** ***** welcome to Just Answer. You can try replacing the filter first , what condition is the filter in ? .
If it does it with a new filter the carb may be the issue , when they start to get blocked they will die under the restricted air flow