Donald, Small Engine Technician
Experience:  I have 25+ years of experience repairing 2 & 4 cycle engines

I have a Snapper Zero Turning Mower, Model ZF2500K. My (2)

Customer Question

I have a Snapper Zero Turning Mower, Model ZF2500K. My (2) Hydrostatic Motors are giving out. The Snapper Part numbers are: Part # ***** and Part # ***** Are new Hydrostatic Motors available, and if not, is there a substitute available? I understand they are Eaton units.
Category: Small Engine
Expert:  Donald replied 5 months ago.
Hello Chuck. My name is***** will be happy to assist you. I will be happy to assist you. If you can give me a few minutes, I can check for you.
Expert:  Donald replied 5 months ago.
Many of the Eaton units are no longer available, but I will check for your models.
Expert:  Donald replied 5 months ago.
I believe that your transaxles are Gemini 771 models. Can you look on your transaxles, to confirm this. Grasshopper Mowers, Woods Mowers, and some others used this series of transaxles. This will give you and I some additional options.
Expert:  Donald replied 5 months ago.
Snapper Transaxle - Click Here
Expert:  Donald replied 5 months ago.
You and I can continue from here. Thanks!
Expert:  Donald replied 5 months ago.
After you confirm the actual model numbers from your transaxles, I can do a specific check for you. I can say that these units are very expensive. What type of problems are you having with your units?
Customer: replied 5 months ago.
Answering your question about the transaxles, they are about worn out. They will not turn the machine sharply like they did in the past. At times, there is almost no response. If I "baby it" I can keep going unless I need to make a "severe turn." I really don't want to give up the mower, if possible, as I have an expensive grass catcher mounted on the mower, which was a pain to mount in the first place and would no doubt be difficult and expensive to mount on a different mower. The 25 H.P. Kohler motor is in good shape. If I could somehow come up with new or guaranteed rebuilt transaxles, this would solve my problem. I am open to suggestions?