Donald, Small Engine Technician
Experience:  I have 25+ years of experience repairing 2 & 4 cycle engines

Mower cord retracted all the way. I cant pull to start.JA:

Customer Question

mower cord retracted all the way. I cant pull to start.
JA: I'll do all I can to help. Tell me a bit more about what's going on so we can help you best.
Customer: I folded down the handle for storage and when I tried to reset the machine I couldn't get the cord to pull out of the engine housing
JA: Is there anything else the Small Engine Technician should be aware of?
Customer: No. it was working fine last week when I put it away
JA: OK. Got it. I'm sending you to a secure page on JustAnswer so you can place the $5 fully-refundable deposit now. While you're filling out that form, I'll tell the Small Engine Technician about your situation and then connect you two.
Category: Small Engine
Expert:  Donald replied 5 months ago.
Hello. Thank you for choosing Just answer. My name is***** will be happy to assist you. What brand is your mower? Do you have the model numbers for your mower?
Expert:  Donald replied 5 months ago.
When you folded your handles, there is a possibility that the cable that goes from your handle, down to your engine, sustained some damage. If your cable is damaged, this can prevent your flywheel brake from fully releasing, after you pull back on the bail on your handle.