Curtis B.
Curtis B., Technician
Experience:  have worked on and around most engine models for 35 yrs./Polaris ATV expert
30244710

My X300 John Deere mower power steering isn't working JA:

Customer Question

My X300 John Deere mower power steering isn't working
JA: I'll do all I can to help. Tell me a bit more about what's going on so we can help you best.
Customer: The mower is 2 yrs. old and the electric power steering was working fine, but now it is difficult to turn.
JA: Is there anything else important you think the Small Engine Technician should know?
Customer: No
JA: OK. Got it. I'm sending you to a secure page on JustAnswer so you can place the $5 fully-refundable deposit now. While you're filling out that form, I'll tell the Small Engine Technician about your situation and then connect you two.
Category: Small Engine
Expert:  Curtis B. replied 10 months ago.
D you have battery voltage to the steering motor? Do you have any starting issue where you have dead battery? Steering motor has to have 12 volts to operate.