Curtis B.
Curtis B., Technician
Experience:  have worked on and around most engine models for 35 yrs./Polaris ATV expert

Pearl. I was delivered my brand new zero turn cub cadet

Customer Question

Hi Pearl. I was delivered my brand new zero turn cub cadet with a 23 horsepower Kohler engine. After running for 30 mins it stopped and will only stayed cranked for 5 seconds. The low oil pressure light is on but it has all new oil and the oil filter is tight. What can I do.
JA: I'll do all I can to help. Is there anything else important you think the Small Engine Technician should know?
Customer: Not really. It is brand new. I did check the gas filter but it is new and was clean.
JA: OK. Got it. I'm sending you to a secure page on JustAnswer so you can place the $5 fully-refundable deposit now. While you're filling out that form, I'll tell the Small Engine Technician about your situation and then connect you two.
Category: Small Engine
Expert:  Curtis B. replied 5 months ago.
If the oil light is on, the engine will shut down. The oil pressure is low, or the oil sender is bad. With new mower I would be getting dealer to check it! You could remove the oil switch wire, but if the engine has no oil pressure, you would damage the engine and void the warranty!