Curtis B.
Curtis B., Technician
Experience:  have worked on and around most engine models for 35 yrs./Polaris ATV expert
30244710

My name merle I have an echo tiller and when I start

Customer Question

hello my name merle I have an echo tiller and when I start it the gas seem to spit out of the exaust
JA: I'll do all I can to help. Tell me a bit more about what's going on so we can help you best.
Customer: the tiller is a hard start sprayed starter fluid in to piston it started but did not run long and gas was coming out the exaust as it ran for the short time
JA: Is there anything else important you think the Small Engine Technician should know?
Customer: it sat a year before this the old gas was drained and new put in
JA: OK. Got it. I'm sending you to a secure page on JustAnswer so you can place the $5 fully-refundable deposit now. While you're filling out that form, I'll tell the Small Engine Technician about your situation and then connect you two.
Category: Small Engine
Expert:  Briggs-Fan replied 1 year ago.
Hi my name is ***** ***** welcome to Just Answer. How are you today ? . What model is your tiller ? . Is it a 2 cycle or 4 cycle ?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
2 cycle
Expert:  Briggs-Fan replied 1 year ago.
It sounds like the needle is gummed up or something and it's allowing gas to keep flowing . Check the air filter and see if it's soaked with gas