Curtis B.
Curtis B., Technician
Experience:  have worked on and around most engine models for 35 yrs./Polaris ATV expert
30244710

We have a Club Car, marketed as a Bobcat 2100S with the 17hp

Customer Question

we have a Club Car, marketed as a Bobcat 2100S with the 17hp Kawasaki engine. It appears as though the engine is not getting fuel. we have changed the filters, rubber fuel lines and even the fuel pump but now I believe the vacuum to the fuel pump is weak and may be the culprit. What could be causing this?
JA: I'll do all I can to help. Is there anything else the Small Engine Technician should be aware of?
Customer: the unit has high time but is well taken care of. the motor was overhauled by a local small engine repair shop two years ago and has run perfectly until now. we made sure there is no debris in the fuel tank and that the vent is clear. The clear fuel filter housing are nearly empty but when we apply an outside source of vacuum to the fuel pump it works fine. thank you for your help
JA: OK. Got it. I'm sending you to a secure page on JustAnswer so you can place the $5 fully-refundable deposit now. While you're filling out that form, I'll tell the Small Engine Technician about your situation and then connect you two.
Category: Small Engine
Expert:  Curtis B. replied 9 months ago.
The fuel pump is a pulse pump. It has to have a solid hose and has to be open to the crankcase. Is the hose open and not restricted? And not soft? The pulses of the piston moving in the cylinders is what powers the pump. If that does not work, the next option is a low pressure electric fuel pump!