Briggs-Fan
Briggs-Fan, Small Engine Technician
Experience:  over 15 years experience in small engine repair, multiple certifications
75998144

On a Troy-Bilt TB625EC can the trimmer head be removed and

Customer Question

On a Troy-Bilt TB625EC can the trimmer head be removed and replaced with another type cutter?
JA: I'll do all I can to help. Tell me a bit more about what's going on so we can help you best.
Customer: The trimmer head that was original does not feed well. I removed the head to replace it with a "aero-flex" but it does not fit the shaft, there is too much shaft to allow the nut to tighten.
JA: Is there anything else important you think the Small Engine Technician should know?
Customer: No
JA: OK. Got it. I'm sending you to a secure page on JustAnswer so you can place the $5 fully-refundable deposit now. While you're filling out that form, I'll tell the Small Engine Technician about your situation and then connect you two.
Category: Small Engine
Expert:  Briggs-Fan replied 7 months ago.
Hi my name is ***** ***** welcome to Just Answer. How are you today? When you went to change it did you remove the whole head ?
Is your aero flex head a af730 or a af720 ?
Customer: replied 7 months ago.
Thanks, ***** *****'ve decided to just to replace the whole trimmer.
Ok . They do make some other heads that are a easy feed tye head , I can research them for you if you wantb. I did see the af730 and af720 were for troy bilt trimmers