Curtis B.
Curtis B., Technician
Experience:  have worked on and around most engine models for 35 yrs./Polaris ATV expert

Customer Question

Category: Small Engine
Expert:  Curtis B. replied 5 months ago.
What engine is this? And is model number correct? Does not seem to come up.?? Twin engine? If a twin, run a cylnder balance test. Loosen the spark plug wires, and with engine idling, remove one spark plug wire at a time. Engine should continue to run. If engine dies when either wire is removed, the opposite cylinder is not firing. If only one cylinder is firing, it will cause surging.
Customer: replied 5 months ago.
(Posted by JustAnswer at customer's request) Hello. I would like to request the following Expert Service(s) from you: Live Phone Call. Let me know if you need more information, or send me the service offer(s) so we can proceed.
Did you try the cylinder test?
Customer: replied 5 months ago.
I tried the balance test engine runs same with ether plug wire pulled. the model number is ***** 17a12acp056 it is Kawasaki engine . the problem is engine pulsates when blade not engaged . runs great with blade engaged
With engine off, look at the linkage at the carburetor, and take any slack out of the springs on it. Do not add tension, just see if you can take any slack out. Then test.