Curtis B.
Curtis B., Technician
Experience:  have worked on and around most engine models for 35 yrs./Polaris ATV expert

I have a new troy bilt Mustang xp 25hp briggs 60 zero turn

Customer Question

I have a new troy bilt Mustang xp 25hp briggs 60 zero turn 5.7 hours. My wife was cutting grass and it stopped on small sideways grade. Thought it was out of gas. bought new gas filled it up. Noticed low oil light flashing. Checked oil added half qt. 10w30. Mower wont start. turns over fine. Will start for a second on starting fluid then stop. Pushed mower to level area, check oil again, it is fine. engine still won't start. Also levers are in brake position. Blades are not engaged. Please help
Category: Small Engine
Expert:  Curtis B. replied 5 months ago.
On the bottom of the carburetor is an electric solenoid, it has to open the fuel as soon as the key is turned on. Do yo hear it click when you turn the key on and off? Does it have 12 volts when the key is on?
Wire may be loose or off the solenoid.