Wayne, Engine Rebuilder
Experience:  many years on egine rebuilding, lawn mower,roto tiller,Truck,and small engines
6825259

My mother has a John Deere stx38 it runs fine 20

Customer Question

My mother has a John Deere stx38 it runs fine for about 20 minutes until it gets good and hot and then it shuts off and then you have to wait for it to cool down an hour or two and then it will start and do the same thing again
Category: Small Engine
Expert:  Wayne replied 7 months ago.
Hi I'm Wayne I will help you with this when this shuts down , you need to see if it loosing spark at the pluglet me know
Customer: replied 7 months ago.
Yes it is
Expert:  Wayne replied 7 months ago.
Thank you for that What you are describing is the coil is over heating then cools down and works again I suggest you replace that that will cure your issue I hope this helped you Hi If this helped you Please remember to rate my answer 3 or more starsIf more info is needed, use the reply buttonNOT THE POOR/BAD SERVICE
Expert:  Wayne replied 7 months ago.
Hi If this helped you Please remember to rate my answer 3 or more starsIf more info is needed, use the reply buttonNOT THE POOR/BAD SERVICE
Expert:  Wayne replied 7 months ago.
Hi Just a follow up with you did my answer help you Let me know , Please Wayne