Curtis B.
Curtis B., Technician
Experience:  have worked on and around most engine models for 35 yrs./Polaris ATV expert
30244710

I have a Bush Hog M346 front end loader attached to a MF 231

Customer Question

I have a Bush Hog M346 front end loader attached to a MF 231 tractor. The bucket attached to the front end loader Tilt will bleed down pretty fast, but the lift arms hold pretty steady. I have a dual handle Walvoil Control Valve assembly (P/N 25H49771) one controls the lift and the other handle controls the tilt. The problem developed about 6 months ago and has got increasingly worse. The tilt will bleed down from full up to all the way down in about 1 minute.
Is this problem associated with worn o-rings bleeding by in my Walvoil control valve assembly? Can I buy a o-ring repair kit to redo the control valve assembly myself?
Thanks, ***** Karnes City, Texas
Category: Small Engine
Expert:  Curtis B. replied 7 months ago.
I will bet the leak down is one of the tilt cylinders and not the control valve. Tilt bucket full travel in either direction, figure out which hose is pressure in that position, and remove one of the hoses on the opposite end of cylinder. Pressure the cylinder in the same direction as before, if oil comes from the open cylinder, it has internal leakage, if it comes out the removed hose, the opposite cylinder is leaking. If cylinder has internal leakage, it will not hold . Cylinder will need seal kit.
did you find problem? Please rate to close. Thanks!