Hank F.
Hank F., Technician
Experience:  Certified on Onan and Generac generators
19372534

I have an Onan 4000 GenSet M/N 4BFEFA26100P rated 4KVA 120V.

Customer Question

I have an Onan 4000 GenSet M/N 4BFEFA26100P rated 4KVA 120V. My frequency is correct at 60Hz but my voltage is low at 98 to 100V. Does my voltage regulator have an adjustment to raise the voltage to 120V and where is it located. If you have an online manual it would be great. The manual that come with it is just a users manual and does not show anything. Thanks, Gary ***@******.***
JA: I'll do all I can to help. Is there anything else important you think the Small Engine Technician should know?
Customer: What I have provided should be sufficient. Thanks
JA: OK. Got it. I'm sending you to a secure page on JustAnswer so you can place the $5 fully-refundable deposit now. While you're filling out that form, I'll tell the Small Engine Technician about your situation and then connect you two.
Category: Small Engine
Expert:  Hank F. replied 7 months ago.
If your frequency is good, but the voltage is low, you do have a bad voltage regulator.The voltage regulator is located inside the control box.
Customer: replied 7 months ago.
Is it adjustable? Do you have a link for a parts manual that will indicate it's position? The generator is in a tight place and I don't want to remove it to adjust or replace the VR. Thanks, Gary
Expert:  Hank F. replied 7 months ago.
The voltage regulator is not adjustable.It is inside the control box. It is the large tan square thing with a 12-wire harness coming out of it. You can not miss it.