Curtis B.
Curtis B., Technician
Experience:  have worked on and around most engine models for 35 yrs./Polaris ATV expert

I have a Craftsman Model###-##-####and it won't start. I

Customer Question

I have a Craftsman Model###-##-####and it won't start. I have had it for 3 yrs and it probably needs a spark plug. I know nothing about replacing spark plugs but have been told it is easy to do. I need to know how to do the replacement and where to locate the spark plug.
Category: Small Engine
Expert:  Curtis B. replied 5 months ago.
The model from Sears does not show what the engine model is. But on the engine there is a valve cover, OHV on it, onthe left side of this area, will be a spark plug wire, a heavy, single wire, it goes to the spark plug. The spark plug is screwed into the cylinder head at an angle. It will take a deep socket to remove it, usually a 3/4 socket, but can be a 5/8 socket. If you can find the engine model number we may be able to find a manual for the correct engine.