Donald, Small Engine Technician
Experience:  I have 25+ years of experience repairing 2 & 4 cycle engines

Bad Boy-Courage 27 Kohler motor, starts fine, runs fine until

Customer Question

Bad Boy-Courage 27 Kohler motor, starts fine, runs fine until PTO is engaged. After about 2 minutes of cutting the motor starts to osilate and shuts down. Wont start again unless choke is used. New plugs, fuel pump, gas filter and air filter. Gordon
Category: Small Engine
Expert:  Donald replied 5 months ago.
Hello Gordon. Thank you for choosing Just Answer. My name is***** will be happy to assist you. After your engine start to oscillate, will your engine continue to run, if you use your choke?
Customer: replied 5 months ago.
Don , will have to go to shop and try that.
Customer: replied 5 months ago.
no, the choke out does not make a differance
Expert:  Donald replied 5 months ago.
Sorry for the delay. Thank you for checking. Next, make sure you are getting a steady flow of fuel, from your tank, to your carburetor. Also, check to see if your fuel shut off solenoid, on your carburetor is working. It should click, each time you turn your ignition switch on and off.
Customer: replied 5 months ago.
Don, more details. Sitting still with pto engaged , full throttle it runs fine, driving at full throttle no pto runs fine . Only with pto engaged driving does this problem occur after about 2-3 minutes of driving. Only seems to happen when it warms up,choke is fine. Gordon
Expert:  Donald replied 5 months ago.
Thanks for this information. Are you familiar with checking to see if both of your cylinders are actually working at all times?
Expert:  Donald replied 5 months ago.
To do this, start your engine, and carefully remove one spark plug wire at a time. Example: Remove the spark plug wire on your right cylinder. If your engine continues to run, then your left cylinder is ok. If not, then your left cylinder could be at fault. Be careful when removing your spark plug wires.
Expert:  Donald replied 5 months ago.
Next, move to the other side, and repeat the process.
Customer: replied 5 months ago.
I think you people are just reading out of a manual. Problem is not resolved