JohnF2015, Small Engine Technician
Experience:  Owner/Service Technician at S & J Small Engines

I have the exactly the same problem this guy has..solenoid

Customer Question

I have the exactly the same problem this guy has..solenoid clicks but engine will not turn over
Category: Small Engine
Expert:  JohnF2015 replied 5 months ago.
Hi, my name is***** will be assisting you.If you cross or jump the two large post on the solenoid does the starter crank? Make certain that the solenoid is grounded good, if not it will only click and not function properly. If the ground is good and it will still only click then the solenoid is bad internally and will need to be replaced.Thank you it has been a pleasure to assist you.Please take a moment to rate your experience.
Also make certain that the engine is grounded good to the frame of the machine as well. I have seen the engine mounting bolts come loose and cause a poor engine ground to frame which will give you the same type of results when trying to start the engine.