Curtis B.
Curtis B., Technician
Experience:  have worked on and around most engine models for 35 yrs./Polaris ATV expert
30244710

Model###-##-####Craftsman tractor won't start/fire up.

Customer Question

Model###-##-####Craftsman tractor won't start/fire up. Spark plug is good, gas is flowing past the fuel filter and it turns over like crazy. It stopped with a loud mechanical bang just before it failed to fire up (sounded like something from underneath the tractor), but it was not a loud backfire. I have the manual and nothing fits the symptom nor remedy.
Category: Small Engine
Expert:  Briggs-Fan replied 7 months ago.
Hi my name is ***** ***** welcome to Just Answer. Can you check your oil to see if it's thin or smells like gas ? . Is it turning over easily like really fast , if so you may want to remove the spark plug and use a long screwdriver and turn it by hand to make sure the piston is still moving up and down