Donald
Donald, Small Engine Technician
Experience:  I have 25+ years of experience repairing 2 & 4 cycle engines
72377906

I have john deere x300 no spark to plugs until you unplug kill

Customer Question

I have john deere x300 no spark to plugs until you unplug kill wire from coils replaced module, relay and right side coil tractor will run with left side kill wire plugged in but dies when you plug right side back up
JA: I'll do all I can to help. Is there anything else important you think the Small Engine Technician should know?
Customer: It is a kawaski engine
JA: OK. Got it. I'm sending you to a secure page on JustAnswer so you can place the $5 fully-refundable deposit now. While you're filling out that form, I'll tell the Small Engine Technician about your situation and then connect you two.
Category: Small Engine
Expert:  Donald replied 7 months ago.
Hello, and thank you for choosing Just Answer. My name is***** will be happy to assist. What happens if you plug just your right side kill wire, to your right side ignition coil, and leave your left side unplugged?
Expert:  Donald replied 7 months ago.
It is possible that you have a faulty diode in the wiring harness for your kill wires. When a diode fails, this allows your ignition coils to ground out each other, and prevent your ignition coils from producing a spark.
Customer: replied 7 months ago.
where is diode located and what would it look like
Expert:  Donald replied 7 months ago.
Can you get the model number from your engine for me? I will use these numbers to pull up a diagram of your engine.