Curtis B.
Curtis B., Technician
Experience:  have worked on and around most engine models for 35 yrs./Polaris ATV expert
30244710

01 carb linkages

Customer Question

(###) ###-####01 carb linkages
Category: Small Engine
Expert:  Curtis B. replied 7 months ago.
http://ccdist.com/_serviceManuals/briggs/270962.pdf
See section 4 for all the linkages.
Customer: replied 7 months ago.
I've been reviewing. This is not really what I asked for. It is a very multiple book. I belive I asked for a manual that was specific to this model. However, Being a journeyman tool & die maker and currently the mfg. Engineer for Certified Power /Power Train Division, I know a thing or two around these things. So if we can work this out, ill be satisfied.
Fig 5 32000 series looks like mine however NOT exactly. Being ignorant about carburetion I seemingly cannot locate how it should be reassembled.If I am seeing this properly the throttle comes over the top into #1 4-1, fig 72. As you can see from the photo I have 2 springs attached to the lower arm (what is that?) And nothing to the carb throttle.I am guessing I need to hook throttle to up & down and get a spring from governor arm to carb throttle?
Mark
http://outdoorpowerinfo.com/repairs/briggs_large_flo-jet.asp
Customer: replied 7 months ago.
I have already gone through this and youtube, both for free. Being a professional myself I do expect slightly better service for $27.
Besides an engineer Masters I also have a MLIS, master of library science. ..i.e I do know how to find even obscure things. I do not mean to be rude only to let you know my level of expectation.
Customer: replied 7 months ago.
After you review will you smart my question specific to(###) ###-####01 code(###) ###-####
There is no specific manual for your engine Briggs runs them all together!
Let me opt out, maybe there is an engineer to help!
Customer: replied 7 months ago.
I'm good with that. I know OEM Briggs repairs rin in series, I have them for my other simplicity & my interest engine. This engine does not type is rather unusual for the 7116. Model, yes, series, no.
The book provided was somewhat useful and I would settle for paying half. It's not that you didn't try our have expertise, no one knows then all. Is that reasonable?
I sent question to moderator. I work from home and have nothing to do with billing.
Customer: replied 7 months ago.