Curtis B.
Curtis B., Technician
Experience:  have worked on and around most engine models for 35 yrs./Polaris ATV expert
30244710

My Mower is only one year old and will not start, I was halfway

Customer Question

My Mower is only one year old and will not start, I was halfway through mowing and shut the mower off and it would not start again. The mower was not running well the last time that I used it and was backfiring some. When I try to start it it does backfire but not often.
The mower is a riding mower model # ***** with a Kohler 17 HP. Do you have any suggestions that I should look for, and how long is the warrantee? Thank you
Category: Small Engine
Expert:  Curtis B. replied 10 months ago.
It has to have at least a one year warranty, but if it has bad fuel , warranty will not cover it. Have you checked the fuel filter or better, replaced it? And have you drained the carburetor bowl to see if it may have water in it? Last ,have you replaced the spark plug?
Did you get my response?