JohnF2015, Small Engine Technician
Experience:  Owner/Service Technician at S & J Small Engines

I have a Cub Cadet LT1042 with the Kohler Courage 19 hp engine.JA:

Customer Question

I have a Cub Cadet LT1042 with the Kohler Courage 19 hp engine.
JA: I'll do all I can to help. Tell me a bit more about what's going on so we can help you best.
Customer: Oil light is flashing, i have changed the oil but the flashing light continues, is there a procedure to reset it?
JA: Is there anything else the Small Engine Technician should be aware of?
Customer: no
JA: OK. Got it. I'm sending you to a secure page on JustAnswer so you can place the $5 fully-refundable deposit now. While you're filling out that form, I'll tell the Small Engine Technician about your situation and then connect you two.
Category: Small Engine
Expert:  JohnF2015 replied 5 months ago.
HI, my name is***** will be assisting you.How many hours are on your machine?
I ask because the meter has no way to manually reset it. It will normally flash at 50 hour intervals to remind you that it is time to change the oil. Most of these meters are designed in such a way that it will start flashing at hour 49 and continue to flash until it hits hour 51 just as a reminder to you that you should change the oil at every 50 hours. It will do this same thing again at hour 99 and continue to flash until it hits hour 101, this is the way that the meter has been designed. There is no way for you to manually reset it.Thank you it has been a pleasure to assist you.Please take a moment to rate your experience.